Whether you want to cut your own tree, pick a live tree and have it cut for you, buy a tree already cut or buy a living tree you can plant, this page provides detailed listings of Kankakee County area, Illinois's
choose-and-cut Christmas tree farms, places to buy pre-cut (also called pre-harvested and fresh-cut) trees, stands, sleigh rides,
hay rides and related winter events and fun. Some listings are for tree farms, others are tree lots, and some only offer hay rides, sleigh rides or other winter events. READ EACH LISTING to know what each facility offers. The farms are listed further down this page, so scroll down the page!
Since this service is free and open to ALL Christmas tree farms, not just those who belong to an association or pay for an ad, like almost all other websites
do, this is the most complete and current listing available! Help me keep this page complete and up to date, by
reporting any corrections needed or suggesting farms to add!
See these resource pages:
- Our Christmas Tree guide with photos and descriptions of
more than 2 dozen varieties of Christmas trees, along with a simple comparison chart! And a PDF print version to take to the farm with you!
- The A-Z of getting your tree and caring for your tree, and
- Tips to make your tree last longer and not drop needles.
If it has just snowed; see
this page about how to make snocones from real snow!
It costs almost nothing and your kids will love it!
- If the name of the farm is blue with an underline; that's a link to their website or Facebook page. Click on it for the most current hours and information.
- ALWAYS email or call the farm or store BEFORE YOU GO
- many farms have closed in the past year, and of course, we won't know until the season starts and we find they aren't open! Call to confirm their supply, their hours
and whether they have trees, are allowing choose-and-cut or just precut trees; and which attractions or winter activities are available.
All three can change during the short Christmas season, due to weather, demand and the farmer's business conditions! Farms get sold, shut down or run out of trees, and they don't all update me every day, let alone every year. For
more tips to make your trip fun and successful, click here
DON'T DRIVE OUT THERE IF YOU CAN'T REACH THEM (by phone, email or find current information on their website or Facebook page!
- And please tell the farmer you visit in Kankakee County area, Illinois that you found their farm
here! I need the farmers to realize that you found them here so that they will keep their information up to date!
If you know of any tree farms I missed and want to
information, or provide feedback about a farm or the website
, please let me know! There are affiliate links on this page. Read our disclosure policy to learn more. After Christmas, click here to find how
how and where to easily recycle or dispose of your Christmas tree!
And to recycle used, broken or old Christmas lights and electronics
See this page for local options to easily recycle your Christmas holiday lights
Looking for more info?
Updates for May 2023
May 2023: Tree supplies are looking good, but expect prices to be WAY up this year. It's always smart to get to the tree farm early and tag or reserve your tree, if they
allow it. Many tree farms allow tagging starting in mid-November.
And next Spring, you'll want to take your children to a free Easter egg hunt
see our companion website to find a local Easter Egg hunt - (www.EasterEggHuntsAndEasterEvents.org)
. It's the ONLY website that is updated every Easter for all Easter Egg hunts in
Christmas tree farms, lots and activities, sorted by county
Click on Resources above, if you need a county map
- Pool's Pine Acres - 2021 permanently closed
1119 East 1100 N. Road, Melvin, IL 60952. UPDATE for 2021, They are permanently closed.
- Cupola House Tree Farm - Choose and cut Christmas trees, Precut trees; container trees; homemade decorated wreaths and garland; the best tree stands; greens; hayrides; hot spiced cider; wood fire; balled & burlapped living trees. Over 120 species of landscape trees and shrubs for sale year round.
4030 N. 3000W Road, Bourbonnais, IL 60914. Phone: 815-932-6635. Email: [email protected].
November 16 until December 24, from 8:30 until dark 7 days a week.
Directions: Take Route 102 2 and a half miles northwest of
Bourbonnais to N.3000 Road. Turn south and follow signs.. Cupola
House Tree Farm sustainably grows 24,000 trees. Real trees are the
earth friendly choice! In the 15 years it takes a typical Christmas
tree to grow, it cleans the air and provides for life. Your tree
will breathe its freshness into your home at a time when you're
spending more time inside. A tree cut fresh from our farm needs only
to be kept watered to stay naturally beautiful the entire Christmas
season. At Cupola House Tree Farm we promise that when you cut down
your tree, we'll plant a new one exactly in its place for the next
Christmas tree varieties:
U-Choose & Cut your own: Fraser Fir, Balsam Fir, Douglas fir; Norway & Blue
Spruce, White & Scotch pine
- Family Tree Nursery - Select and harvest Christmas trees, baling free. Wreaths, nursery stock and perennial flowers also available. Wagon rides, weather permitting. Refreshments; tree stands.
11548 E. 10000 North Road, Manteno, IL 60950. Phone: 815-468-8511. Directions: I-57 to Manteno, West 1/2 mile, then North on Spruce 1 mile, then East 1/2 mile or 1 and 1/2 miles West of Rte 50 on Road 10000N, or 1 and 1/2 mile East of Rte 45 on 10000 North Road.. Open: November 20 - December 24th, dawn to dusk.
Christmas tree varieties:
U-Choose & Cut your own: Scotch & white pine, Douglas fir, Norway spruce.
- Phillipstown Christmas Tree Farm - Choose and cut Christmas
633 South Dudley Grove Road, Kankakee, IL 60901. Phone: 815-935-2147.
UPDATE for 2021-2025: They are closed until 2026, SOLD out for 2020, We are now planting more every year in hopes for a 2026 grand re-opening! Christmas tree farm that allows you to find and cut down your very own
choice of Christmas trees.
- Bob & Sues Tree Farm - Choose and cut Christmas trees, live trees; wreaths; ribbons; supplies; roping & greens.
10068 E. 2250 Borth Road, Pontiac, IL. Phone: 815-358-2937. Directions: call for directions.