- If the name of the farm is blue with an underline; that's a link to their website. Click on it for the most current hours and information.
- ALWAYS call the farm or store BEFORE YOU GO to confirm their supply, their hours and whether they have trees, are allowing choose-and-cut or just precut trees; and which attractions or winter activities are available. All three can change during the short Christmas season, due to weather, demand and the farmer's business conditions! Farms get sold, shut down or run out of trees, and I have no way of knowing, because I can't call or visit every farm every month, let alone every day. For more tips to make your trip fun and successful, click here! DON'T DRIVE OUT THERE IF YOU CAN'T REACH THEM BY PHONE OR EMAIL!
- And please tell the farmer you visit in Eastern Connecticut (Windham and New London Counties) that you found their farm here! I need the farmers to realize that you found them here so that they will keep their information up to date!
- To find fruit and vegetable pick-you-own farms, click here.
- Crop availability / harvest schedule for fruit and vegetables, click here
- To find pumpkin patches, corn mazes and other Halloween activities, click here.
New London County
- Cedar Knoll - sleigh rides (no trees for sale)
57 Kimball Road, Lisbon, CT 06351. Phone: 860-376-8110. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We offer private hay rides, sleigh rides, and country carriage rides from the farm or at a location of your choice.
- Evergreen Acres Tree Farm - Choose and cut Christmas Trees, pretagging allowed
464 Windham Avenue, Colchester, CT 06415. Phone: 860-537-2019.
- The Farm
on Fowler - Christmas trees- you
choose and we cut, Christmas wreaths, tree shaking provided, trees
115 Fowler Road, North Stonington, CT 06359. Phone: 860-912-5760. Email: email@example.com. Directions: from Route 1-95 exit 92 follow green tree signs. And for a map to our farm, click here. Open: Saturday and Sundays 9 am to 4:30 pm Closed Monday thru Friday; Open starting the day after Thanksgiving. Payment: Cash, Check, Visa/MasterCard.
Christmas tree varieties:
You Choose and We cut varieties: Balsam Fir, Blue Spruce, Fraser Fir, White Spruce.
(UPDATED: December 11, 2009)
A visitor writes on December 11, 2009: "The directions to follow the 'Green Tree signs' were not correct. We took exit 92 off 95 North and saw no Green Tree signs. This causes an acute safety problem because you are allowed a right or left turn at the bottom of this exit. If you don't see these signs you are in trouble. We took a left and didn't see any green tree signs all the way to the traffic circle either.
- Foxglove Farm - sleigh rides (no trees for sale)
318 Grassy Hill Road, Lyme, CT 06371. Phone: (860) 434-7302. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. When the snow is right, snuggle under a blanket in a horse-drawn sleigh and glide through the local hills with sleigh bells jingling. Heads will turn when you make your entrance in an elegant horse drawn carriage for a Spring wedding. Make memories all summer long with a buggy ride through the countryside with your family all aboard. Bring the cider and apple pie for a Fall hayride through the woods…and don't forget, horse drawn carriage rides are perfect for the scout trip!
- Geer Tree Farm - Choose and cut Christmas Trees, pretagging allowed, gift shop
852 Voluntown Road, Griswold, CT 06351. Phone: 860-376-5838.
- Hartikka Tree Farms
- Christmas trees-you choose and you cut, Wholesale Christmas trees,
Living Christmas trees (to plant later), Christmas wreaths, Christmas
boughs, garlands, trees bagged, horse-drawn hayrides
Shetucket Road, Voluntown, CT 06384. Phone: 860-376-2351. Email: email@example.com. Horse-drawn wagon rides on December 1, 2, 8 and 9th in and around trees. Fun! Hot chocolate and donuts - weekends only. Senior Day - 5% Off Your tree on Thursday's.
- Lane Christmas Tree Farm - Christmas
trees-you choose and you cut, Christmas trees-you choose and we-cut,
farm animals, saws are provided; wrapping; shaking
71 Oil Mill Rd, Waterford, CT 06385. Phone: (860) 442-9871. Open: weekends in November, daily in December from 9am to dusk; from November 1 until December 24; Call for for updates to hours and availability. Directions: Call for directions. Payment: Cash, only..
Christmas tree varieties:
U-Choose and Cut varieties: Black Hills Spruce, Colorado Blue Spruce, Norway Spruce, Serbian Spruce, White Spruce
(Suggested by a visitor, ADDED: December 08, 2012)
A visitor writes on December 08, 2012: "it was tidy, close to home good value for the price. Farmer Lane is a nice man. Good variety of trees, $5 a foot, they have saws and carts."
- Lebanon Christmas Tree Farm - Christmas Tree Choose & Cut,
saws provided, trees wrapped but we do sell Fresh Wreaths and small potted trees,
160 Lebanon Avenue (Route 16), Lebanon, CT 06249. Phone : 860-642-9989 or 860-642-7082. Directions : Located on the corner of Route 16 and Goshen Hill Road, Lebanon, CT; From North Take Route 2 east to exit 18 toward Colchester. Turn right onto Route 16 and continue to follow Route 16 through Colchester. After approximately 3 miles, you will see the Lebanon town sign. We are 1 mile up on the right. From South Take Route 2 West to exit 22 toward Gilman/Lebanon. Turn right onto Scott Hill Road. At the stop sign turn left onto Norwich Ave. Travel 1.4 miles and turn right onto Geer Road. Continue to drive on Geer Road for 1.6 miles where Geer Road becomes McCall Road. Continue on McCall for 1.3 miles. At the end of McCall Road turn left onto Goshen Hill Road. Follow Goshen Hill Road to its end 1.4 miles. We are on the corner of Goshen Hill Road and Route 16 on the left hand side. Open: The day after Thanksgiving, November 23 at 12 Noon from Fridays 12 noon 'til dark, Saturdays and Sundays - 9:00 AM 'til dark. Santa visits on Saturdays and Sundays from 1pm to 3 pm. Weekends on the farm are special with free hot chocolate and fresh popped popcorn. Our farm is on flat land and is very easy for walking and choosing one our beautifully sheared Christmas trees. Christmas music is playing and Santa visits from 1pm to 3pm on Saturday and Sunday. Tagging is allowed.
Cut-your-own-trees : White Spruce; Blue Spruce
- Maple Lane Farm and Market - Christmas trees
57 N.W. Corner Road, Preston, CT 06365. Phone: 860-887-8855 (24 hour info). Fax: 860-887-3087. Our Farm Market is open 8 am to 6 pm, 7 days, April to December .
Mark's Tree Farm - No
pesticides are used, Christmas trees-you choose and you cut,
79 Sashel Lane, Colchester, CT 06415. Phone: (860)537-1376. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Open: Please call for weekends open. Directions: Click here for a map and directions. We do not use pesticides on the crops. Payment: Cash, Check. This is a very small tree farm, with a limited selection of trees above 5 feet. You will not find dense perfectly symmetrical trees here. All our trees are $20 to $30. We also have a Charlie Brown Christmas tree replicas, that come with stand and ornament for $10.
Christmas tree varieties:
U-Choose and Cut varieties: Blue Spruce, Colorado Blue Spruce, Douglas Fir, Fraser Fir, Norway Spruce, White Spruce.
(ADDED: August 25, 2008) (UPDATED: December 06, 2011)
- Oakwood Farm - Choose & Cut, saws provided, restrooms,
trees wrapped, Limited supply of handmade wreaths.
16 Pendleton Road, Preston, CT 06365. Phone : David - 860-886-8241. Frank - 860-889-8082. Fax : 860-889-7216. Email: DHCCAP4@aol.com.
Directions : To David's: From Foxwoods Casino; take Route 2 West to Route 164 North. Take Route 164 North 1 mile. Go right onto Cooktown Road. Take first left onto Pendleton Road. Tree farm is first house on right. To Frank's: From Foxwoods Casino; take Route 2 West to Route 164 North. Take Route 164 North to first house on left just past Cooktown Road. Open: Day after Thanksgiving through Christmas Day from 9:00 AM until Dark. Easy access, Help available for, handicapped or elderly.
Cut-your-own-trees : Balsam Fir; Fraser Fir ; Blue Spruce; Concolor Fir
- Olsen's Christmas Trees - Christmas wreaths and boughs, Christmas decorations, saws provided, trees bagged, trees tied, gift shop, snacks and refreshment stand, restrooms
319 Ekonk Hill Road Route 49 North, Voluntown, CT 06384. Phone: 860-376-2370. Email us at: email@example.com. Directions: Click here for a map to our farm. Our products are usually available in November, December. Open: Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9 am to 4:30 pm beginning the day after Thanksgiving until Christmas. Payment: Cash, Check.
Christmas tree varieties: White Spruce, Blue Spruce, White Pine, Scotch Pine, Fraser Fir, Douglas Fir, Balsam Fir.
- Pendleton Hill Tree Farm - Choose and cut Christmas Trees, pretagging allowed, gift shop
687 Pendleton Hill Road, Rt. 49 South No. Stonington, CT 06359. Phone: 860-599-3908. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Perry's Tree Farm - Choose & Cut Christmas Trees, saws
provided, trees wrapped
1307 Pequot Trail, Stonington, CT 06378. Phone : 860-572-9473. Directions : Route 95 to exit 91 go west on Route 234, Pequot Trail, for 2.8 miles. Farm is on the left. Open : Day after Thanksgiving to December 24th, on Weekdays from 12 pm till Dark and Weekends from 8 am till dark. Help with Cutting - Hauling - Baling - and Loading.
Cut-your-own-trees : Blue Spruce; White Spruce
- Pine Road Tree Farm - Choose and cut Christmas Trees, pretagging allowed
58 Pine Road, Jewett City, CT 06351. Phone: 860-376-9554.
- Reneson's Christmas Tree Farm - Choose & Cut Farm (we cut for you if you wish),
Saws Provided, restrooms, trees wrapped, gift shop, Wreaths, Garland, Tree Stands, Waterers, Novelties
268 Bull Hill Road, Colchester, CT 06415. Phone : 860-267-0448. Email: email@example.com. Directions : From Route 2 - take Exit 18 to Route 16 , go west approx. 8 miles on Route 16 and watch for our signs, take right on Comstock Bridge Road 1 1/4 miles. Open : First Saturday after Thanksgiving to Christmas from 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM -- Saturday and Sunday only. Free hot mulled cider, candy canes and coloring books for the kids. We have a picturesque farm located next to the Airline Railway hiking trail for those who wish to go for a pretty walk. We offer quality trees and hospitality on our farm and are glad to help you in any way we can.
Cut-your-own-trees : Fraser Fir, Balsam Fir, Cannan Fir, Concolor Fir, Blue Spruce, White Spruce
(UPDATED: November 15, 2010)
- Uncle Sam's Tree Farm - Choose and cut Christmas Trees,
898 Col. Ledyard Hwy; Route 117, Ledyard, CT 06339. Phone: 860-464-8843. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Yetter Road Tree Farm - Choose and cut Christmas Trees, pretagging allowed, gift shop
94 Yetter Road, Mystic, CT 06355. Phone: 860-536-3359.
Yurechko Tree Farm - Choose and cut Christmas Trees, pretagging allowed, gift shop
55 Yurechko Drive, Bitgood Road, Jewett City, CT 06351. Phone: 860-376-3418. (UPDATED: November 14, 2009)
- Allen Hill Farm - Choose and cut Christmas Trees, pretagging allowed, gift shop
542 Allen Hill Road, Brooklyn, CT 06234. Phone: 860-774-7064.
- Alliod's Christmas Tree Farm - Choose and cut Christmas Trees,
105 Water Street, Canterbury, CT 06331. Phone: 860-546-9162.
- Crooke Orchards - Choose and cut Christmas Trees
317 Bebbington Road, Ashford, CT 06278. Phone: 860-429-5336.
- Gray Ledge Tree - Choose and cut Christmas Trees
Hansen Family Tree Farm
- Choose & Cut Christmas trees, saws provided, trees wrapped
424 Route 198, Woodstock Valley, CT 06282. Phone : 860-974-1572. Email: email@example.com. Directions : See Hansen's web site for directions.
Open : Weekends - Friday after Thanksgiving for three weekends from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. A full service tree farm. You choose and we will do the rest (cut, wrap, and tie), if you want us to. No tagging.
Cut-your-own-trees : Balsam Fir; White Spruce; Blue Spruce; a few Scotch and White Pine
(UPDATED: December 06, 2011)
Horse Listeners Orchard - Christmas trees-you choose and
you cut, Precut Christmas trees, Living Christmas trees (to plant
later), Christmas wreaths, Christmas boughs, Santa appearances,
sleigh rides, winter hay rides, Christmas event or festival, free
hot coffee, free hot chocolate, free hot cider, Maple Syrup from
trees on the farm, Fresh eggs, Cider mill (fresh apple cider made on
the premises), U-pick and already picked, gift shop, concessions /
refreshment stand, restrooms, picnic area, birthday parties
317 Bebbington Rd, Ashford, CT 06278. Phone: 860-429-5336. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Open: Monday to Friday 1pm to 6 pm; Saturday and Sunday 9am to 6 pm. Click here for current open hours, days and dates. Updates: Click here for updates. Directions: Click here for a map and directions. Payment: Cash, Check, Visa/MasterCard. Click here for our Facebook page.
Christmas tree varieties:
U-Choose and Cut varieties: Blue Spruce.
PreCut varieties: Blue Spruce.
Living, rooted tree varieties: Blue Spruce.
(ADDED: December 07, 2011)
Ingalls Tree Farm - Choose and cut Christmas Trees, pretagging allowed, gift shop
47 Brown Road, Brooklyn, CT 06234. Phone: 860-774-2060.
(UPDATED: November 29, 2012)
210 Lathrop Road, Plainfield, CT 06374. Phone: 860-564-8769.