- If the name of the farm is blue with an underline; that's a link to their website. Click on it for the most current hours and information.
- ALWAYS call the farm or store BEFORE YOU GO to confirm their supply, their hours
and whether they have trees, are allowing choose-and-cut or just precut trees; and which attractions or winter activities are available.
All three can change during the short Christmas season, due to weather, demand and the farmer's business conditions! Farms get sold, shut down or run out of trees, and they don't all update me every day, let alone every year. For
more tips to make your trip fun
and successful, click here!
DON'T DRIVE OUT THERE IF YOU CAN'T REACH THEM BY PHONE OR EMAIL!
- And please tell the farmer you visit in Wyoming that you found their farm here! I need the farmers to realize that you found them here so that they will keep their information up to date!
- Cut your own tree from a National Forest (with a permit!):
(UPDATED: December 07, 2012)
Christmas tree permits become available usually in November. Trees cut
with these permits must be less than the specified height for each
forest (see below). Permits may be
available through some commercial outlets. Information regarding other
applicable regulations are available at any district office.
(Guide to Christmas Tree Cutting) 2007 Cost: $8.00 / permit (valid
for 1 tree), Minimum Purchase: 1 permit; Maximum Purchase: 5 permits;
Availability: November; Expiration: December 31. See these pages
This link has a easy to use map to find trees you may cut in a national forest in your area. Just hover (position) your mouse over the mouse on that page in your area.
Christmas tree permits become available usually in November. Trees cut with these permits must be less than 10 feet tall. Permits may be available through some commercial outlets. Information regarding other applicable regulations are available at any district office. (Guide to Christmas Tree Cutting)
Cost: $8.00 / permit (valid for 1 tree) Minimum Purchase: 1 permit Maximum Purchase: 5 permits Availability: November Expiration: December 31
You can cut your own Christmas tree on the Medicine Bow-Routt National Forests, with a permit. In 2011, Permits are $10 per tree with a maximum of five per household.
Permits can be purchased at all Ranger District offices, as well as the following locations:
Bureau of Land Management Cheyenne Office, (307) 775-6256, 5353 N Yellowstone Road, Cheyenne, Wyo., Monday-Friday, 7:45 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
Bureau of Land Management Rawlins Office, (307) 328-4200, 1300 3rd Street, Rawlins, Wyo., Monday-Friday, 7:45 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Craig Chamber of Commerce & Moffat County Visitor Center, (970) 824-5689, 360 E. Victory Way, Craig, Colo., Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. and 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturdays
Kremmling Chamber of Commerce, (970) 724-3472, 203 Park Ave, Kremmling, Colo., Tuesday-Saturday, 9 a.m.-4p.m.
Permits may also be purchased through the mail from the Douglas Ranger District and Yampa Ranger District.
The cost in 2011 for a permit is $8.00 for a tree up to 20 feet tall. Cutting a larger tree requires the purchase of additional permits.
Permits are now available at Shoshone National Forest offices in Cody, Dubois, and Lander, which are open from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday (except legal holidays). Beginning November 21, permits can be purchased at these additional locations during regular business hours:
- In Cody at Red Eagle Stores #2 and #3
- On the North Fork Highway at the Red Barn
- In Dubois at Wind River Gear and the Pit Stop
- In Lander at the Popo Agie One Stop
- In Meeteetse at the Wea Market
- In Powell at the One Stop Shoppe and Red Eagle Store #7
- In Ralston at Red Eagle Store #5
- In Riverton at all three Pit Stops
- On Highway 296, Crandall, the Painter Outpost
Sleigh Ride Adventures in Jackson Hole - sleigh rides (no trees for sale!!!)
Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Phone: 800-544-3582. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Memorable horse-drawn sleigh rides and a delicious dinner at Solitude Cabin. Wrap up in our lap robes and enjoy a memorable ride by horse drawn sleigh along an alpine trail at Teton Village. Settle down to a hearty dinner in the comfort of Solitude Cabin. The four course meal includes your selection of: Roast Prime Rib Au Jus, Filet of Broiled Salmon, or upon request a Vegetarian Entrée. A selection of beer, wine, and full bar is available. Dinner rides begin at 4:45 pm and 7:30 pm daily. Please check-in 20 minutes before your scheduled departure time with the Reservationist in the Explorer's Room of the Cody House. Payment must be made in advance for a confirmed reservation. Live entertainment nightly. Reservations are limited, so please call well in advance.
Do you know of any Christmas tree farms or other special Christmas and winter events in Wyoming? Please tell me about them - Click here to write to me! Surely, there MUST be some here!!!
- To find fruit and vegetable pick-you-own farms, click here.
- Crop availability / harvest schedule for fruit and vegetables, click here
- To find pumpkin patches, corn mazes and other Halloween activities, click here.