Whether you want to cut your own tree, pick a live tree and have it cut for you, buy a tree already cut or buy a living tree you can plant, this page provides detailed listings of Nevada's choose-and-cut Christmas tree farms, places to buy pre-cut (also called pre-harvested and fresh-cut) trees, stands, sleigh rides, hay rides and related winter events and fun. Some listings are for tree farms, others are tree lots, and some only offer hay rides, sleigh rides or other winter events. READ EACH LISTING to know what each facility offers. The farms are listed further down this page, so scroll down the page! Since this service is free and open to ALL Christmas tree farms, not just those who belong to an association or pay for an ad, like almost all other websites do, this is the most complete and current listing available! I'm always looking for more to add, and to correct any inaccuracies or errors, so if you encounter any, please email me!
- If the name of the farm is blue with an underline; that's a link to their website. Click on it for the most current hours and information.
- ALWAYS call the farm or store BEFORE YOU GO to confirm their supply, their hours
and whether they have trees, are allowing choose-and-cut or just precut trees; and which attractions or winter activities are available.
All three can change during the short Christmas season, due to weather, demand and the farmer's business conditions! Farms get sold, shut down or run out of trees, and they don't all update me every day, let alone every year. For
more tips to make your trip fun
and successful, click here!
DON'T DRIVE OUT THERE IF YOU CAN'T REACH THEM BY PHONE OR EMAIL!
- And please tell the farmer you visit in Nevada that you found their farm here! I need the farmers to realize that you found them here so that they will keep their information up to date!
I haven't find any private tree farms in Nevada! Do you know of any Christmas tree farms or other special Christmas and winter events in Nevada? Please tell me about them - Click here to write to me! If you live in the Reno area, there are plenty of tree farms in nearby California, in Nevada and Placer Counties: Click here to see them!
- To find fruit and vegetable pick-you-own farms, click here.
- Crop availability / harvest schedule for fruit and vegetables, click here
- To find pumpkin patches, corn mazes and other Halloween activities, click here.
Mckee Ranch Family Ranch Pumpkin Patch - Precut Christmas
trees, (no cut-your-own trees), Christmas-themed park, Christmas
wreaths, Santa appearances, Christmas decorations, winter wagon rides,
snacks and refreshment stand, restrooms, face painting, pony rides, farm
animals, birthday parties, weddings and wedding parties, school tours
8982 Dean Martin Dr., Las Vegas, NV 89139. Phone: 702-361-9606. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Directions: Silverton Lodge and Casino is at Blue Diamond Road and Dean Martin Dr. One mile south is McKee Ranch at Raven avenue and Dean Martin Dr., 8982 Dean Martin Dr. Look for the sign! And for a map to our farm, click here. Crops are usually available in All year. Open: Monday to Sunday 8am to 11pm to the public (EXCEPT during event hours) McKee Ranch Family Easter Ranch Egg Hunt Saturday March 22 only 11am to 12pm 12:30pm to 1:30pm ; 2pm to 3pm ; 3:30pm 4:30pm Pumpkin Patch October 14 to 30 Tuesday to Thursday 3 to 7pm Friday Saturday and Sunday 10 to 7pm Holiday Ranch Friday December 6 to 21 Saturday and Sunday 2 to 8pm. Payment: Cash, only.
Christmas tree varieties:
PreCut varieties: Blue Spruce, Douglas Fir, Noble Fir.
Borges Sleigh and Carriage Rides - No trees - instead Sleigh rides,
gift shop, snacks and refreshment stand, restrooms, pony rides, birthday
parties, weddings and wedding parties, events at your location (call for
55 highway 50, Stateline, NV 89449. Phone: 775-588-2953. Alternate Phone: 775-783-0015. Email: email@example.com. Directions: Click here for a map and directions. Sleigh rides are open December thru March snow and weather permitting Carriage Rides are open from May thru October. Payment: Cash, Debit cards, Visa/MasterCard. (ADDED: October 20, 2009)
Toll House Tree Farm
- pre-cut Christmas trees, decorations
12185 S. Virginia Street, Reno, NV 89511. Phone: 775-636-5100. Open: .Late November until December 25th. All trees are guaranteed to last until Christmas if kept in water. We offer both stock and custom flocked trees, flame retardant trees for business, and local delivery. Come visit us at our new location at 12185 S. Virginia Street. We are on the west side of S. Virginia Street, just south of Bishop Manogue Drive, across from the south Wal-Mart.
Comments from a visitor on August 13, 2009: "Please come by and visit Reno's best Christmas Tree and holiday decoration location. See the largest variety of trees, fresh from the Northwest. The friendly folks at Toll House will help you find that perfect tree from a 1 foot table top trees to 15' tall showcase trees, " (ADDED: August 13, 2009, suggested by a visitor)
You can also get a permit to cut a tree from the forests. Here's how:
The Bureau of Land Management, Carson City Field Office, and the Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest, Carson Ranger District will sell Christmas tree permits beginning November 22 and ending December 24 at a variety of locations across western Nevada and eastern California. The agencies conduct Christmas tree sales to thin small trees in overstocked areas and to provide recreational experiences for local residents. Some cutting areas may not be accessible after snowfall, so it is advisable to cut trees early in the season. The nonrefundable permits from both agencies are valid through December 25.
- Tree cutters should bring along their own saws, warm clothing, a first-aid kit, extra food and water, heavy rope or chain and shovel and tire chains in the event of bad road conditions or inclement weather.
- Permits are $10 each. There is a limit of two trees per household and 3,500 permits will be sold.
Permits for Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest trees - white fir, Jeffrey pine and incense cedar - must be purchased in person at the following locations:
- Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest, Supervisors Office, 1200 Franklin Way, Sparks 8 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday, call 331-6444.
- Carson Ranger District Office, 1536 S. Carson Street, Carson City, 8 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday, call 882-2766.
- Alpine County Chamber of Commerce, No. 3 Webster Street, Markleeville; 9 am to 4 pm seven days a week, call (530) 694-2475.
Piñon pine trees will be available for $5 each on designated BLM lands in the following locations: Pine Nut Mountains between Carson City and Yerington; the Clan Alpine and Desatoya Mountains east of Fallon and the Excelsior Mountains southeast of Hawthorne. Limit of two permits per household. Permits are nonrefundable. Both the Interagency Information Center in Reno and the BLM-Carson City Field Office will accept phone credit card orders or check/credit card mail orders.
Locations to by permits for BLM piñon pines:
- BLM-Carson City Field Office, 5665 Morgan Mill Road, Carson City, NV 89701; 7:30 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday and 8 am to 4 pm Saturday after Thanksgiving, December 4, 11 and 18), call 885-6000.
- BLM-Nevada State Office, 1340 Financial Blvd., Reno, NV 89520-0006, 7:30-4:30 pm Monday through Friday, call 861-6500.
- USDA Farm Service Agency (Minden), Hickey Building, 1702 County Road Suite 1A, Minden, NV 89423, telephone 782-3661.
- USDA Farm Service Agency (Fallon), 111 Sheckler Road, Fallon, NV 89406, telephone 423-5127
- USDA Farm Service Agency (Yerington), 215 W. Bridge Street, Yerington, NV 89447, telephone 463-2265.
- Cold Springs Station, 52300 Austin Highway, Fallon, NV 89406, telephone 423-1233
- Community Action Center, 701 E Street, P.O. Box 331, Hawthorne, NV 89415, phone 945-2471.
- Douglas County Sheriff Substations (accepts checks only, no cash), North Valley, 267-3692, Topaz Ranch Estates 266-1028, Tillman 265-7090.
- Old Middlegate Station, 42500 Austin Highway, Highway 50 and 361 (east of Fallon), Middlegate, NV 89406, telephone 423-7134.