- If the name of the farm is blue with an underline; that's a link to their website. Click on it for the most current hours and information.
- ALWAYS call the farm or store BEFORE YOU GO to confirm their supply, their hours and whether they have trees, are allowing choose-and-cut or just precut trees; and which attractions or winter activities are available. All three can change during the short Christmas season, due to weather, demand and the farmer's business conditions! Farms get sold, shut down or run out of trees, and I have no way of knowing, because I can't call or visit every farm every month, let alone every day. For more tips to make your trip fun and successful, click here! DON'T DRIVE OUT THERE IF YOU CAN'T REACH THEM BY PHONE OR EMAIL!
- And please tell the farmer you visit in Urban Toronto and Northwest Toronto Suburbs that you found their farm here! I need the farmers to realize that you found them here so that they will keep their information up to date!
Toronto - Urban area
- Fiesta Gardens - Precut trees only, Restrooms, Wrapping, Gift Shop, Cutting Service
200 Christie Street, Toronto, ON. Phone: 416-537-1244. Fax: 416-537-5086. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Directions: Starting from 401, Dufferin South, turn East on St. Clair, turn South on Christie. 200 Christie South of Dupont, Norh of Bloor. Open: Monday to Friday, 9am to 8pm; Saturday and Sunday, 9am to 6pm; November 1 to December 24. Unique tree lot located in city with all trees hanging like a forest. Imported cut greens, wood burning fire on site.
Christmas tree varieties:
Precut Trees: Balsam Fir, Fraser Fir, Scotch Pine, Colorado Blue Spruce.
Wintersinger's Tree Farm - Many varieties of precut trees! Shaking,
baling, stands. Fresh handmade wreaths. Free hayrides. Refreshments available.
3rd Line, Hillsburgh, ON. Phone: 519-855-6163. Email: email@example.com. Directions: Hwy 401 to Trafalgar Road. Follow straight N to Hillsburgh, W 6km on Wellington 22 to 3rd Line, N 1km. For maps, directions and hours, please click here. Open: Daily 9-6 from November 24. If this is your first time, and you need a little more information about cutting your own tree, please click here. Click here for a $2.00 coupon towards the purchase of your tree! Tree prices are found here.
Peterborough (Braund Port, Downers Corners, Edmison Heights, Hunters Ridge, Nassau)
- Drysdale Tree Farms Ltd
- Christmas trees-you choose and you cut, saws are provided, restrooms, shaking and wrapping, hay rides, sleigh rides, gift shop, Santa visits/photos
6635 Simcoe Road (CR 56), Egbert, Ontario L0L 1N0. Phone: 705-424-9719. Fax: 705-424-3663. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Directions: From HWY 400 take 89 west to Simcoe Road (Rt 56) then N 8 km to farm. Open: Monday to Thursday, and Sunday from 9am to 5pm; Friday and Saturday 9amto 9pm; October 1 to December 24.
Christmas tree varieties:
U-Choose and Cut your own: Balsam Fir, Fraser Fir, White Pine, White Spruce,
Precut Trees: Balsam Fir, Fraser Fir, Scotch Pine, White Spruce, Wholesale Trees: Balsam Fir, Fraser Fir, White Pine, White Spruce.
Peel (Brampton Caledon, Mississauga)
- Albion Orchards -
14800 Innis Lake Road Caledon, Ontario L7C 2Y8. Phone: (905) 584-0354. Email: email@example.com. Open: November and December, 10am to 6pm on Monday to Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 10am-5pm; Closing Day is December 23rd. Pick your perfect Christmas Tree while enjoying hot apple cider. Our trees, wreaths, and garlands are always fresh. Also Apples, Country Market (Pies, Jams, Gifts. X-Mas Gifts, X-mas Trees) (UPDATED: November 25, 2012, from their website)
Downey's Farm Market - , Turkeys, gift shop, snacks and
refreshment stand, face painting, petting zoo, farm animals, school tours
13682 Heart Lake Road, Caledon, ON L7C2J5. Phone: 905-838-2990. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Open: November 1 pm to December 24, Friday, Saturday, Sunday - - 10 am to 5pm. Directions: (just North Of Brampton) From Toronto, take Highway 401 to Highway 410 North. Exit on Mayfield Road, Turn Left (West). Turn Right (North) on Heart Lake Road. Downey's is located 5km North on right side of the road, just North Of Brampton. Click here for a map and directions. Downey's Corn Maze Adventure is open August 15th to the end of October - night mazes available to groups over 20, please call for availability; Downey's Pumpkinfest is open weekends from the last weekend in September to the end of October. Payment: Cash, Debit cards, Visa/MasterCard. Downey's hosts numerous events throughout the year. Some of the events include: Downey's Easterfest and Egg Hunt, the July 1st Canada Day Strawberry Festival, Clip Clop the Donkey's Birthday Party Celebration, Downey's Corn Maze Adventure, Downey's Pumpkinfest and Lunch with Santa. Downey's also is a venue for corporate events and picnics, school tours and birthday parties!(UPDATED: September 29, 2009)
Do you know of any Christmas tree farms or other special Christmas and winter events in Urban Toronto and Northwest Toronto Suburbs? Please tell me about them - Click here to write to me!